Scenic Iceland and the Northern Lights (Winter 2019 2020)
About Reykjavik, Iceland
- Fontana: At a geothermal bakery, sample delicious rye bread dug hot from the ground, served with butter.
- Friðheimar: Explore a family-run farm and sample their sweet-tasting, homegrown tomatoes.
- Dining Summary: 6 Breakfasts (B), 3 Dinners (D) and 1 Dinner with Wine (DW), all with tea or coffee. Departures travelling over New Year’s Eve and will enjoy a festive Highlight Dinner which will replace an included meal.
- Borganes: Learn about Iceland’s history with a visit to the fascinating Icelandic Settlement Centre with your Local Expert.
Top Rated Highlights
- Reykjavík: Witness nature's most spectacular show on earth - the Northern Lights.
- Hellisheiðavirkjun: Visit Iceland’s newest geothermal heat and electric power station.
- Hvolsvöllur: Visit the Lava Centre, an interactive museum where you will learn about the geology and natural occurrences that have influenced and created Iceland's incredible landscapes.
- Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss: Admire the majestic beauty of these two impressive waterfalls.
- Hekla and Eyjafjallajökull: See these magnificent volcanoes.
- Gullfoss: See the spectacular two-tiered waterfall. This Icelandic equivalent of Niagara Falls drops a total of 32 metres, while spanning the entire width of the Hvítá River.
- Geysir: Visit the famous spouting Geysir which has become synonymous with hot springs all around the world.
- Thingvellir: The Parliamentary Plains are the most important historic site of the country, as its the meeting place of the Althing, the world’s oldest parliament founded in A.D. 930.
- Reykholt: Stop at this pretty village, home of poet and medieval scholar Snorri Sturluson.
- Reykjavík: Explore the city with your Local Expert. See the old town centre, the parliament building, Höfði House, the colourful harbour and the Hallgrímskirkja.
- Blue Lagoon: Enjoy a truly indulgent, once-in-a-lifetime experience at the most visited attraction in Iceland. Its geothermal seawater flows from volcanic aquifers 2,000 metres within the earth, emerging at the surface enriched with algae, silica, and minerals. With new-found friends, enjoy bathing in the lagoon in style, as you sip on a celebratory cocktail.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.