Inspiring New Zealand (Summer 2018)
About Queenstown, New Zealand
- Waiheke Island: Step aboard a ferry for a voyage to picture-perfect Waiheke Island where you’ll embark on a scenic drive to your first stop, Stonyridge Vineyard. Known for producing award-winning Cabernet blends, Stonyridge Vineyard lies in a lush valley and boasts a French-style café where you’ll taste delicious blends and enjoy a light seasonal lunch.
- Rotorua: Gather round for a feast of succulent meats and vegetables, cooked in a Hangi and prepared using the traditional Maori method of cooking over geothermal steam coming from the earth.
- Dining Summary: 9 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 2 Lunches (L), 1 Lunch with Wine (LW), 1 Dinner (D) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW).
- Tamaki Maori Village: See a privately-hosted Maori show and the heart-pounding Wero challenge at the Tamaki Maori Village and gain insight into local Maori traditions and history from your Local Expert.
- Rotorua: Choose between a wellness experience in the mineral-rich baths of The Polynesian spa, a visit to the film set of Hobbiton or a treetop adventure through an ancient native forest.
- Whakawerawera: Join a Maori Local Expert to see New Zealand’s biggest geyser, bubbling mud pools and thermal springs.
- Wellington: Embark on a private walking tour alongside a Local Expert to foodie hotspots dotted around the city and taste home-brewed coffee, gourmet chocolate, gelato, cheeses and other local specialties, as you discover why Wellington is known as the culinary capital of the country.
- Fiordland National Park: Embark on a cruise on Lake Manapouri and marvel at the plummeting waterfalls and ancient rainforests of the Fiordland National Park.
- Queenstown: Choose between a boutique wine tour to four of the region’s best estates plus a visit to Old Cromwell Town; a guided walk along the shores of Lake Wakatipu and through an ancient beech forest or a 4x4 tour through the backcountry of Skippers Canyon.
- Lake Karapiro: Journey along the Waikato River, the longest river in the country, towards the home of retired champion horse jockey, Lance O’Sullivan and his wife, Bridgette. You’re invited for a private lunch at their Red Barn, which overlooks Lake Karapiro.
- Wellington: Enjoy exclusive VIP entry into famous Te Papa, the Museum of New Zealand, before it opens to the public. Embark on a guided walk through fascinating exhibitions, as you learn about the people, places and ideas that shaped New Zealand and the Pacific.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.