Grecian Legends Standard (Summer 2018)
Additional Included Highlights
- Athens: See Hadrian’s Arch and the Temple of Zeus.
- Corinth Canal: Cross the amazing rock-cut channel dividing the Peloponnese from mainland Greece.
Top Rated Highlights
- Athens: Ascend the Acropolis with a Local Expert to admire the Parthenon, built in 5th century B.C., as well as the smaller Temple of Athena Nike and the Porch of the Maidens.
- Thermopylae: See the Leonidas Monument dedicated to the brave warrior and his 300 Spartans.
- Meteora: With a Local Expert, visit one of the remarkable centuries-old monasteries of Meteora, teetering on towers of rock and arguably the most spectacular place to visit in Greece.
- Delphi: With your Local Expert, walk to The Sacred Way once lined with offertory temples. See the reconstructed Athenian Treasury and pass the superb Polygonal Wall to reach the Temple of Apollo, where the people would seek divine wisdom from the mysterious Oracle.
- Olympia: The stadium of Olympia hosted the ancient Olympic Games and the Heraia, the women's games in honour of Hera. See the Temple of Zeus, athlete's gymnasium and the stone marker where the sprint began.
- Mycenae: Walk through the Lion Gate past the royal beehive-tombs where Schliemann uncovered golden treasure, while hearing tales of Agamemnon from your Local Expert.
- Lengends Cruising: Visit the Greek Islands of Mykonos, Patmos, Crete & Santorini. Call in at the Turkish port of Kusadasi or Greek island of Samos.
You will visit the following 2 places:
Turkey is a huge nation straddling eastern Europe and western Asia with cultural connections to ancient Greek, Persian, Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman empires. It offers a wealth of destination varieties to travellers; there is something for everyone's taste—whether they be travelling on an extreme budget by hitchhiking or by a multi-million yacht!
Greece, also known since ancient times as Hellas, is a country located in southeastern Europe. The country has one of the longest histories of any country, and is considered the cradle of Western civilization, having been the birthplace of democracy, Western philosophy, the Olympic Games, Western literature, historiography, political science, major scientific and mathematical principles, and Western drama, including both tragedy and comedy. Athens, its busy capital, retains ancient landmarks including the 5th-century-B.C.E. Acropolis citadel and Parthenon temple. Greece is also known for its beaches, from the black sands of Santorini to the party resorts of Mykonos. Furthermore it's a geographically appealing place to visit, with a mountainous mainland and idyllic island beaches!