Country Roads of France (Preview 2019)
About Paris, France
Additional Included Highlights
- Explore the medieval heart of the Champagne capital.
- Stay in France’s mountaineering capital.
- Enjoy free time in the Little Venice area.
- See the mansions of the Cours Mirabeau.
- Enjoy a walking tour of this fortified town and see the fortress, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- See the Pont Valentré.
- Visit this medieval cliff top town.
- See the golden limestone buildings of Sarlat-la-Canéda.
- See the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame Cathedral, the facades of the Louvre, the obelisk in Place de la Concorde and drive along the Champs Elysées to the Arc de Triomphe.
- Burgundy, High Alps, Route Napoleon, French Riviera, Cote d’Azur, Avignon, Languedoc Region, Dordogne Valley.
- Dordogne Valley: Sample some of the delicacies of the area when you visit a local farm.
- Paris: Rendezvous with your friends at a typical French bistro for a rousing Celebration Dinner with wine. Bon appétit!
- Paris: Meet a local foodie for a behind-the-scenes look into Parisian life. Taste local delicacies in a patisserie, boulangerie, fromagerie and chocolatier off-the-beaten-track on a gourmet walking tour.
- Chablis: Taste one of the most famous white wines in the world. Treasure the purity of flavour and rapier-like effect on the palate with an expert vintner.
- Chambéry: Savour a delightful Farm-to-Table Dinner prepared with fresh, locally-sourced ingredients and accompanied with local wine.
- Châteauneuf-du-Pape: Embark on a Côtes du Rhone experience to a famous wine village, where you sample wine with an expert and gain a few tips about what to look for in a robust red - its colour, fragrance and legs are all as important as the taste!
- Dining Summary: 15 Buffet Breakfasts (BB) and 7 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
Stay at the Best Addresses
- Albi: Hotel Saint Antoine is centrally located with landmarks at your doorstep such as the Albi Cathedral, Toulouse Lautrec Museum and the Tarn River.
- Dijon: The 5-star Grand Hotel Dijon La Cloche boasts a supreme view over the prestigious Place Darcy and has been welcoming prominent world figures since the 15th century. The luxurious refined decor and timeless interior garden offer guests every comfort and privacy.
Top Rated Highlights
- Bastille Day: Celebrated across France on 14th July, Bastille Day commemorates the end of the French Monarchy. Witness the remarkable display of fireworks lighting up the warm summer sky and perhaps join in one of the traditional balls.
- Troyes: Explore the medieval heart of the Champagne capital.
- Chamonix: Stay in France’s mountaineering capital.
- Annecy: Enjoy free time in the Little Venice area.
- Côte d’Azur: Visit a perfumery to learn about the French perfume industry and discover your signature scent.
- Monaco: Enjoy a drive along part of the Grand Prix circuit. Wander the old town to see the Royal Palace, the yacht-filled harbour and visit the cathedral to see the Tomb of Princess Grace.
- St-Paul de Vence: Discover the beauty of this hilltop town and why it became a refuge for artists.
- Aix-en-Provence See the mansions of the Cours Mirabeau.
- Arles: See the ancient bridges of Pont du Gard, Pont Saint-Bénézet and Pont d'Avignon. Pass the medieval battlements to the town centre and see the Papal Palace.
- Carcassonne: Carcassonne: Enjoy an orientation of this fortified town and see the fortress, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Albi: This is the birthplace of artist, Toulouse Lautrec. Walk the town and marvel at the awe-inspiring cathedral.
- Cahors: See the Pont Valentré.
- Rocamadour: Visit this medieval cliff top town.
- Sarlat-la-Canéda: See the golden limestone buildings.
- Lascaux II Caves: These caves contain some of the oldest and finest prehistoric art in the world. For preservation reasons, they have been replicated in all their glory.
- Paris: See Notre Dame Cathedral, the Eiffel Tower, facades of the Louvre, the River Seine and its romantic bridges, the obelisk in the centre of the Place de la Concorde and enjoy a drive along the Champs Elysées to the Arc de Triomphe.
- Scenic Drives: Relax and enjoy the scenery of the French countryside as you travel through Burgundy, the High Alps, along the Route Napoleon and French Riviera, past Cote d’Azur, Avignon, the Languedoc Region and through the Dordogne Valley.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.