Our unique Culinary Discovery Tours™ offer the opportunity to experience firsthand the culinary culture of worldwide destinations. In local markets you will find the colorful produce, fresh fish and exotic spices used in traditional recipes that inspire people to gather around the table. Accompanied by a master chef, tour a winery in Madeira or a fish market in Rio de Janeiro, taste the authentic flavors of a region, learn techniques in local cooking classes and then hone your skills at The Culinary Center.
Widely recognized for its groundbreaking culinary enrichment both aboard its ships and ashore, Oceania Cruises brings you exclusive Culinary Discovery ToursTM onboard Marina and Riviera, which offer an insider’s experience of the local culinary scene and the secrets of authentic regional cuisine during your day ashore. Tour colorful traditional markets, dine at renowned restaurants and then hone your skills back on board at The Culinary Center. Whether it’s joining a cooking demonstration at a Venetian master chef’s private villa or traveling off the beaten path to tropical plantations on a French Polynesian island, Oceania Cruises connects you with the culinary culture wherever you travel.
In order to truly master a new skill, you have to get your hands a little dirty. Oceania Cruises invites you to do just that onboard Marina and Riviera in The Culinary Center, the first hands-on cooking school at sea. Under the tutelage of master chefs, you can participate in a wide variety of cooking classes in which you actually prepare the recipes yourself in our state-of-the-art culinary center. Spend a delightful day at sea learning how to make fresh pasta, discovering all about the fundamentals of French cooking or immersing yourself in one of the many other popular cooking classes.
- Discover the secrets of regional cuisine as you shop in local markets with master chefs
- Enjoy a guided tour that highlights regional cuisine and traditional recipe preparation
- Explore the true flavors of the region as you dine in renowned local restaurants
- Learn professional cooking techniques and a variety of recipes in hands-on culinary classes (Available onboard Marina & Riviera)
Taste The Flavors Of The World
Our Culinary Discovery ToursTM invites you to immerse yourself in cultures worldwide through the lens of local cuisine. Whether it’s learning the best-kept French cooking secrets from a Michelin-starred chef in Provence or exploring local markets in the Caribbean and French Polynesia, these tours bring you authentic epicurean experiences in chef-selected restaurants and culinary venues around the globe. Come aboard and taste the true flavors of the world with Oceania Cruises.
CULINARY DISCOVERY TOURS:
- Argostoli, Greece - Foraging Tour & Greek Cooking Class
- Barcelona, Spain - Chef’s Gastronomy Tour & Tapas Lunch
- Bilbao, Spain - Chef Market Tour & Tapas Cooking Class
- Bora Bora, French Polynesia - Gourmet Dinner At St. Regis Bora Bora
- Catania, Sicily - Chef Market Tour, Cannoli & Lunch
- Cádiz, Spain - Chef Tour Of Cádiz Market & Tapas Lunch
- Corfu, Greece - Market-To-Table Chef Tour & Cooking Class
- Castries, St. Lucia - Spices Cooking Studio
- Cork (Cobh), Ireland - Ballymaloe Cooking School
- Cozumel, Mexico - Chef Market Tour & Onboard Mayan Cooking Class
- Koper, Slovenia - Chef Tour: Trending Culinary Scene
- Helsinki, Finland - Chef Market Tour & Nordic Cooking Class
- Florence/ Pisa/Tuscany (Livorno), Italy - Tuscan Food & Wine At Luxurious Villa Dianella
- Málaga, Spain - Atarazanas Market, Tapas & Spanish Wines
- Nuku Hiva, French Polynesia - Traditional Polynesian Culinary Experience
- Marseille, France - Michelin Chef Reine Sammut & Aix Market
- Oslo, Norway - Mathallen Food Hall & Norwegian Pub Lunch
- Monte Carlo, Monaco - Nice Market Visit & Château Eza Lunch
- Portofino, Italy - Chef Market Tour, Pesto, Pasta & Lunch
- Roatan, Honduras - Hydroponic Farm Tour & Onboard Tropical Cooking Class
- Raiatea, French Polynesia - Culinary Secrets Of The Sacred Island
- Rhodes, Greece - Cooking Lesson & Lunch At Family Taverna
- Riga, Latvia - Chef’s Market Tour & Latvian Cooking Lesson
- Tallinn, Estonia - Fish Workshop & Tallinn’s Old Town
- Taormina, Sicily - Chef Market Tour, Cannoli, Pasta & Lunch
- Tangier, Morocco - Chef Market Tour, Lunch & Cooking Demo
- Valencia, Spain - Chef’s Market Tour & Paella Luncheon
- Venice, Italy - Venetian Master Cooking Class & Market
Those are just samples of the extensive Culinary Discovery ToursTM available onboard Marina & Riviera. Please Contact Us for updated information as tours are subject to change.